Filing of application for FSSAI
Required timing - 9-15 days
CA assisted guidelines for all your FSSAI needs
Completely online – no need to visit office
WHY CHOOSE CLIENT FILING INDIA?
- Lowest Price and best service Guarantee.
- No Hidden Cost .
- On Time Service
- Data Security & Trust
- India's most trusted compliance worthy portal
FSSAI registration is mandatory for anyone involved in the food business. Be it food processing, food manufacturing, packaging, or distributing, you need to get an FSSAI registration to run your business.
The registration/licence is issued by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), an institution that monitors food businesses under the guidelines and regulations listed in the FSSAI Act 2006.
If your business falls in any one of the below-listed categories, then a food licence is mandatory for you:
Types of FSSAI Licence in India
According to the FSSAI Act, 2006 all food businesses are required to be registered/licenced under the following 3 categories:
It is the primary kind of food licence issued for businesses that are small in turnover – up to ₹12 lakhs approximately per annum
Catering businesses irrespective of their turnover have to apply for a state licence and not a basic FSSAI registration.
FSSAI State Licence
Companies that have a profit greater than ₹12 lakhs and less than ₹20 crores per annum require a state licence.
FSSAI Central Licence
The central registration is for bigger businesses that have a turnover of over ₹20 crores per annum.
Companies that supply food to government offices/departments and businesses involved in food import/export have to get a central licence as well.
State & Central Licence
- Proof of address of business
- A passport-sized photograph
- A list of directors or partners
- A certificate of incorporation
- The MoA and AoA of the business
- An identity proof that contains a photograph(pan card & aadhaar card)
- No objection certificate from the local municipality or A trade licence
- Self declaration will be prepared by clientfiling and will be shared for signatures.
Including the above-mentioned documents, manufacturing units have to submit the following documents as well:
- The blueprint of warehouse, plant, etc.
- A list of all machinery
- Report of a water test
- List of all food categories
Frequently asked questions